So much effort of late has been spent on developing Parramatta CBD. But in a lot of cases, this has come at the expense, of livening up our suburbs. But with Parramatta Square set to finish in 2022, now’s the time to refocus Council’s efforts on making our local town centres more vibrant and improving the liveability of our suburbs.
- much more public art, like the great new mural at Rydalmere;
- more events in our neighbourhoods;
- residents being supported to turn verges into gardens;
- greater outdoor dining;
- more street libraries; and
- fruit trees growing on our streets.