- This event has passed.
Household Chemical Clean Out
August 29 at 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Make your home a safer place and dispose of unwanted chemicals for free at the Household Chemical Clean Out event.
- Open to all residents and non-residents of the City of Parramatta Council.
You can take household quantities (up to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms ) of the following household chemicals and items for safe disposal at this event.
- Solvents and household cleaners
- Floor care products
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Pool chemicals
- Hobby chemicals
- Motor fuels
- Fluorescent globes and tubes
- Acids and alkalis
- Smoke detectors
- Paint and paint-related products
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Car and household batteries
- Motor oils and cooking oils
Please exercise caution when handling and transporting chemical
- Never mix chemicals as this may produce dangerous reactions.
- Wherever possible keep all chemicals in their original containers.
- Ensure containers are clearly labeled and well-sealed. If you do not know the contents, label the container ‘unknown chemical’.
- Liquids can leak during transport: wrap containers holding liquids securely in newspaper, place in sturdy plastic bags and then in plastic buckets or trays.
- Keep household chemicals away from passengers, for example, by placing them in the boot of your car.
- For more information, visit the EPA website.
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the Waste Levy. For more information call the Environment Line on 131 555.