Our summers are getting hotter and so are our neighbourhoods! And there’s a real, noticeable impact on our wallet and quality of life as we turn up our air conditioners and swelter in the heat.
Council can play a significant role in reducing the heat levels in our community through:
- greatly accelerating the number of trees planted across City of Parramatta;
- innovative urban design, like the cool streets program being trialled;
- providing accessible places to cool off, like water playgrounds and swimming pools, and cool refugees to residents, like libraries and community halls;
- increasing green spaces wherever possible;
- continuing to improve bush tracks; and
- educating residents on ways on how to cool down their homes.